THE BRIEF IN BRIEF: To take a lead on guiding Unlimitedís communications, marketing, brand and profile through its transition from a programme to a new independent organisation.
Unlimited works nationally and internationally with disabled artists, raising the bar and transforming the cultural sector worldwide in relation to access and equality. We want to challenge perceptions of disability within the cultural sector and in the vision and expectation of disabled artists.
Unlimited offers talented disabled artists funds to develop, produce and show ambitious work. The aim of Unlimited is to embed work by disabled artists within the UK cultural sector, reach new audiences and shift perceptions of disabled people.
Unlimited will be undergoing a period of transition Ė this will be a programme of activity from April 2020 until March 2022 to take Unlimited from a strategic diversity programme delivered by Shape Arts, Artsadmin and Jo Verrent as senior producer, to a new independent organisation. This includes maintaining the unique commissions programme during 2020-2022, minimising disruption to artists and simultaneously delivering a rapid organisational development process to explore and deliver models for the governance and delivery of a separate organisation, to include new nationally recruited governing body of D/deaf/disabled artists and allies to advise on the development of the new Unlimited organisation in relation to membership and operating methodology.
BRAND AND COMMUNICATIONS TRANSITION BRIEF
We are looking for someone to take a lead on guiding Unlimitedís communications, marketing, brand and profile through its transition from a programme to a new independent organisation.
The initial task will involve
- reviewing Unlimitedís brand, profile and current activities
- refreshing the values, mission, key messages and identity to reflect Unlimitedís new status
Following these, the role will also deliver:
- research and planning into how relevant elements from the brand, identity, website, data and other platforms can be transferred from the existing delivery partners to a new organisation in line with GDPR, with external legal support where necessary.
- liaising with existing delivery partners on the process, schedule and protocols for this transition and how this is communicated internally
- mapping a plan for how Unlimitedís new status is communicated externally, to artists, the arts sector, funders and the media.
- managing a budget for the migration of marketing/brand activity and web presence, with approval from the Unlimited team.
- overseeing the smooth transferal of Unlimitedís communications and marketing to its new status in 2022?
This role works in collaboration with other roles recruited to assist Unlimitedís development, including a Transition Manager and legal/governance advisor(s).
The successful individual/organisation/team may subcontract where appropriate, including the subcontracting/ delivery of administrative tasks.
We are looking for an individual/organisation/team:
- With significant experience of branding, marketing and digital communications, including rebranding projects.
- With understanding and practical experience of data management and data protection (ie data sharing agreements).
- With significant experience of change management.
- With experience of collaborative working with partners based in multiple locations.
- That has experience working in an inclusive and intersectional way, especially with disabled people: Unlimited works pan-impairment, inclusive of other diversity agendas.
- That has experience in working to challenging timescales, ensuring best practice is not shortcut due to time constraints
- That is committed to enabling the Unlimited SMT/advisory group/governing board (as relevant) have access to the most relevant material at the correct stages in order to allow for genuine decision making (developed in conjunction with Senior Producer).
Our criteria for selection are based on a demonstration of the above and on a sense of stretch Ė we wish to be both supported and challenged.
We will respond to all applicants to let people know if they have been invited to interview or not.
We are committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer for all roles and contracts; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, culture, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note, this contract is open to people who already have the right to live and work in the UK, as Unlimited is not currently in a position to sponsor a work visa.
Unlimited is a disabled-led programme, with disability at the heart of everything we do. We would actively support and encourage any disabled people/disabled staff members at companies to lead on this project.